Copy data from one database to another
It's a very simple process and one that can be done in the control panel under Database and SQL Admin. Repeat these steps.
- Backup old database. Select the database from the dropdown and click on Backup Now
- Make a new database by clicking add to replace the old database.
- We need to make a new database name and username in the process.
- Once the new database is created, click Go on Import
- Use the second option to restore from backup, select old database name in the drop-down
- You will see the list of backups and the bottom is the most resent.
- Click restore and finish
Update Connection String
Once you are done, you have just copied the data from one database to the other database. You just need to update the connection string to the new host, database name, username, and password of the newly created database.
Use same database name and username
If you need the same database name and username, at this point after doing steps 1 thru 7 you have made a new database with the old data. It just does not have the same database name or username. Now it is safe to delete the old database to free up the database name and username. Now repeat the process 1 thru 7 and make this new database the same as the old to be able to keep the old database name and username.
Was this answer helpful?
LFC Hosting fully supports Microsoft .NET Core 2.To enable .NET Core you need to configuration an...
If your domain name is registered and owned by you but does not currently point to the LFC...
Active Server Pages (ASP) is Microsoft's version of PHP for Windows. It is an embedded-HTML,...
PHP is an embedded-HTML, server-side, cross-platform scripting language that is extremely popular...
Old hostnames like ftps.domain.com, ftp.domain.com, domain.com or serverXX.lfchosting.com no...