How To Enable SSL on Your WordPress Site
Before you Begin you Need the Following:
- An SSL Certificate has been purchased, installed and configured, see How to Purchase an SSL
- You can enable a free Let's Encrypt SSLEnabling SSL on Your WordPress Site
- Log into your site at http://yourdomainname.com/wp-login.php.
- Once you are on the admin dashboard, click on Settings.
- In the WordPress Address (URL) box, replace http:// with https://.
- In the Site Address (URL) box, replace http:// with https://.NOTE: If for any reason you are unable to reach your site to make these edits, please contact our support team by submitting a support ticket.Optional Edits:
- Open an FTP session to your site.
- Edit your wp-config.php file and add define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true);.
- This will force SSL for both site logins and admin access. This is the most secure option for your site.
- Save your wp-config.php file and re-upload it to the server.
Was this answer helpful?
Safety and security is a vital aspect to consider when hosting your website on the internet. It...
LFC Hosting offers nightly Web site statistical traffic analysis for all of your domain names....
Once you get an SSL, to use it on your site you need to enable it within your code. This little...
Sometimes it's necessary to make sure your website’s visitors use the SSL encrypted connection....
If your account requires ColdFusion support, you can simply upload your ColdFusion files to your...