IMAP Synchronization Issues in Outlook 2013 and Office 365
The problem might not be in the way you configured your IMAP account on Outlook 2013, but might be in some update or plug-in installed frequently. Microsoft frequently releases updates for its products, aiming for enhanced user experience. However, one or more incompatible updates might cause some issues, such as IMAP synchronization problem. Due to the IMAP issues affecting Outlook 2013 and Office 365, users fail to download their email messages and go on for emailing over the communication channel established.
Causes of IMAP Synchronization Issues
In order to find out the exact causes of the issues appeared, you must delve a little deeper to get to know about the same, which brings the culprits (i.e. KB2837618 or KB2837643update for Outlook 2013) in spotlight.
Note: In case you have not yet installed any of these updates, do not go for them. However, if you have already done installing any of those, you must go on with this post to resolve the issue.
Based on the scenarios, some users are not able to access their IMAP folders, while many ones fail to download email messages from the IMAP server. However, one common thing with all the users is that they all have recently installed one of these updates. Fixing the IMAP issues in Office 365 and Outlook 2013 requires removing the installed updates immediately.
Fix IMAP Synchronization Issues in Outlook 2013 and Office 365
Since the IMAP Synchronization issues encountered after installing any of the KB2837618 or KB2837643 updates, removing them will certainly fix them immediately. Put the following steps into practice to remove these updates:
- Click Start menu and select Control Panel in the menu.
- Look for Programs and Features option in the list.
- In the opened window, select the update KB2837618 or KB2837643 installed recently, and then click Remove option given at the top.
With the aforementioned steps, you will be able to remove the concerned updates. Go for system restart after uninstalling the updates, and then open Outlook 2013.
Alternative to this, you may want to go for a secondary method to get out of the trouble. If yes, here is the alternative, i.e. change the path of the root folder, which you may like to opt for. Follow these steps:
Change Root Folder Path
- Launch Outlook 2013 and go to the File tab.
- Click Account Settings and then click Account Settings option.
- In the opening dialog, click Change
- Go for More Settings > Advanced
- Select the ‘Folders option’ option and look for the ‘Root folder path’ option, and then enter Inbox.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- Press F9 key to check if Send/Receive option is working now.
Changing the Outlook settings from “show only subscribed folders” may also help in resolving the issue. Implement the following steps for this:
Change in Settings
- Open Outlook 2013, and then click ‘Folders’ tab and choose ‘IMAP Folders’. This opens a dialog box containing IMAP folders.
- Uncheck the “When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders.” check box.
- Save the settings and click F9 key to initiate force Send/Receive check.
With these settings changed, Outlook 2013 should start synchronizing with IMAP server.
You may also try setting up your Outlook profiles again with the IMAP protocol, but make sure you implement these settings to avoid the same issues again. In case you encounter issues like mailbox inaccessibility or you fail to access the contents of one or more folders in the mailbox, go for Stellar Outlook PST repair, as it might be due to PST corruption. Getting the Outlook PST repaired will fix all these issues, but you must be sure about how to use this software.
So just download this tool from authorized source (http://www.stellaroutlooktools.com/scan/pst-repair.php) and get its thorough information from the user manual provided.
Note: Keep a recent backup copy of your mailbox in order to avoid the loss of crucial information.
Was this answer helpful?
Setting up your Apple device with email is easy thanks to our iStaller. In Safari on your device,...
LFC Hosting offers a powerful webmail interface that you can use to check your mail from...
Setup Guide First, open Outlook 2010 on your computer. Our first step is to add a new email...
When you want to stop using an email account with Microsoft Outlook, you can disable the...
There is one thing to consider when setting up an email account on a device from LFC Hosting, who...