554 5.5.4 firstname.lastname@example.org has sent too many messages today
At LFC Hosting we have a limit on how many messages you can send in a day, from midnight to midnight. Each email address has 500/day limit to protect the server from spammers. If your getting a bounce back that looks like this:
Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.5.4 email@example.com has sent too many messages today. If you need this limit raised, please contact technical support.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
This is an error coming from our server indicating you have reached the limit for the day. There are two things to think about:
1. Did you send the emails? Did you send an email blast to over 500 people? If you did, contact our Support and we can raise your limit as needed and within reason.
2. If you did not send mail to 500 people to cause this, your account has been compromised. PLEASE CHANGE PASSWORD FOR THIS EMAIL, RIGHT AWAY. This will stop spammers from accessing your emails and stop them from sending email. How can this happen:
How can this happen:
- Your password was easy. A keylogger was able to crack the password because it was too simple. Today, passwords must be 8 Characters with CAPS and numbers.
- Do you use the same password for everything? Anyone of the services you subscribed to could have been hacked and hackers tried your password on your email with success. Likely they have tried your email and password on other services like twitter, facebook and others.
- Your computer has been compromised and the login details have been stolen from your email client. You need to properly check for malware before you add the new email password back into your email client. Other wise you are just giving the hackers the new password again to repeat the process of hitting your limit.
If you have checked for malware and have changed your password, but still can't send email you can contact support between 7 and 4 pm to reset the limit on the email address. If you fall outside of this time, you can wait til midnight and the limit will reset automatically.
Was this answer helpful?
LFC Hosting offers a powerful webmail interface that you can use to check your mail from...
If you start seeing a bunch of emails bouncing back to you that you did not send, your domain is...
In order for your wordpress to send email, you need to enable SMTP Authentication. This means you...
Sendmail is primarily a UNIX mailer daemon used to send e-mail. Many scripts call this program...
Setting up Outlook 2013 When you first open Outlook, it will provide a "Welcome to Outlook...