How to Purchase an SSL
For more information about SSL certificates and when you might need one for your website, please see our article: What is SSL and why is it important?
Dedicated SSL Certificates
We are proud to offer you three excellent choices in SSL options. These will allow you to get an SSL for your domain so users do not need to be directed to a different looking url during the process.
1. RapidSSL DV certificate. A complete SSL certificate with full encryption issued in moments at an affordable price.
- 1 Year - $35.00
- 2 Years - $70.00
- 3 years - $105.00
2. Let’s Encrypt DV certificate (Domain Validation). It's a 90-day auto-renewable SSL at no cost.
- This SSL can be added in the Domain section of the control panel.
Setting up a Certificate
Setting up a certificate involves a few easy steps. You will need to make a support ticket and provide the follow details. This will allow us to generate a CSR that is used in the process of purchasing an SSL:
1. We will require the following information from you:
* Whether you want to secure "www.yourdomain.com" or "yourdomain.com" in your SSL URL, as only one can be protected by a single certificate.
2. The following Administrative Contact information for the certificate. Note that this cannot be changed once the SSL certificate has been issued.
Organizational Unit (department): (cannot contain special characters - N/A is acceptable if you or your client is unsure)
Country: (cannot be an abbreviation)
State/Province: (cannot be an abbreviation)
City or Locality: (cannot be an abbreviation)
Once we have the above information, we can proceed with the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) generation.
3. Please let us know if you would like us to purchase your EV certificate or DV certificate on your behalf. Please indicate the SSL and the term of the SSL.
I'm buying the SSL, Please install for me.
If you do purchase the SSL yourself, we need the above information to generate you a CSR. Then we can supply you with that to purchase your CRT. Make sure it is compatible for IIS. Once you have the SSL please upload it to your account with us and let us know what subdirectory it's in. We will then install it onto the server for you.
Was this answer helpful?
Once you get an SSL, to use it on your site you need to enable it within your code. This little...
Before you Begin you Need the Following: An SSL Certificate has been purchased, installed and...
Sometimes it's necessary to make sure your website’s visitors use the SSL encrypted connection....
Are you pulling your hair out trying to find out why your secure page is not fully secure? Here's...
What is SSL? SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard technology behind establishing an...