How to Set Up your Email in Outlook 2013
Setting up Outlook 2013
- When you first open Outlook, it will provide a "Welcome to Outlook 2013" message, click the Next button.
- The next screen will ask "Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?" choose Yes and click the Next button.
- On the Auto Account Setup menu, select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
- On the Choose Service menu, click the POP or IMAP option then click the Next button.
- You will then see the POP and IMAP Account Settings menu, fill in the fields.
Below is a description of the fields:
Option Description Your Name Enter the name you want people you email to see, such as: John Smith Email Address Enter your full email address, such as: firstname.lastname@example.org Account Type Choose if you want to use POP or IMAP. By default, POP downloads and removes your emails from the server, while IMAP leaves them on the server. Incoming mail server mail.gdom.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) mail.gdom.net User Name Enter your full email address, such as: email@example.com Password Enter the password you for this email address. Remember password I recommend checking this box, so Outlook will save your password. Require logon using Secure Password Authentication Do not check this box.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
Check "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Click the Advanced tab.
Enter your settings, below is a description of the available options.
Option Description Incoming Server Choose your preferred settings, below are the available options.SSL (POP3): 995SSL (IMAP): 993 This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) SSL: Auto Outgoing Server SSL: 465 or 587 Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL: Auto
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button, Outlook will test the account settings.
- You will see two tasks: Log onto incoming mail server, and, Send test e-mail message. When they are complete, Close button.
- You will see a message stating "You're all set!" click the Finish button.
Was this answer helpful?
There is one thing to consider when setting up an email account on a device from LFC Hosting, who...
Setup Guide First, open Outlook 2010 on your computer. Our first step is to add a new email...
Sending an email from a PHP script is simple, fast and easy...if it works! Part of what makes the...
Setting up your Apple device with email is easy thanks to our iStaller. In Safari on your device,...
When you want to stop using an email account with Microsoft Outlook, you can disable the...