Setting up emails account on iPhone, iPad and MacBooks devices
Setting up your Apple device with email is easy thanks to our iStaller. In Safari on your device, go to the website:
This process will download and install all the proper settings for an IMAP account. This creates a secure connection to our incoming and outgoing servers.
You will be asked three questions:
- your email address
- your name
- your email password
Well it doesn’t matter anymore LFC Hosting has the solution, it doesn’t matter if you use an Air, Macbook Pro, Iphone 4, Iphone 7 Plus or IPad; we have a easy solution for getting your email setup in minutes. Once completed you will have a secure IMAP connection installed in seconds. So delete any instance you may have tried to setup so we can start fresh.
- In Safari on your Apple device, go to http://i.gdom.net
- Enter in your LFC Hosted email and continue.
- Your device will ask you to install an email profile, click install in top corner. If you do not see install, in Settings go to General and then down to Profile. Click on the downloaded profile then click on Install.
- If you have security enabled, enter your phones password to continue.
- Once you have entered your devices security password, click install again now that you have granted permission.
- Next enter your name, this will be used as the From Name when sending emails from this client.
- Finally, enter your email password and click next to Finish.
- Congratulations, you’re done. You’ve just installed your email account on your Apple device.
Things To Know
There are two types of connections to mail server when setting up a device, POP3 and IMAP. POP3 downloads email to email client and wants to remove it from server after checking. IMAP doesn’t download email, rather is connects your email client to the mail server and shows you the mail. It’s greatest benefit is when you have multiple devices that you check email on, using IMAP on all devices syncs them up so handling/deleting/sorting email only happens once. With POP3, you have to delete the same junk email on all the email clients, time consuming.
Now with that understanding, POP3 and IMAP do not get along. POP3 wants to delete the email on the mail server every time it checks mail and IMAP needs to store all the email on the mail server. So if you install email on your Apple device with our quick tool, make sure your other devices use IMAP as well or change the POP3 settings so mail stays on the server.
For example, above is More Settings window from Outlook. In the Advanced Tab you will see the delivery section. Check to leave mail on the server and if you want, set to remove after 14 days. This will ensure your Apple device email client using IMAP, has the last 14 days worth of email. Anything older will be downloaded and stored on your POP3 email client.
Was this answer helpful?
LFC Hosting offers a powerful webmail interface that you can use to check your mail from...
In order for your wordpress to send email, you need to enable SMTP Authentication. This means you...
When you want to stop using an email account with Microsoft Outlook, you can disable the...
The problem might not be in the way you configured your IMAP account on Outlook 2013, but might...
Setting up Outlook 2013 When you first open Outlook, it will provide a "Welcome to Outlook...