Wordpress won't send emails.
In order for your wordpress to send email, you need to enable SMTP Authentication. This means you have to pass along an LFC hosted email and password. It's your identification for access to sending email. Without STMP Auth, mail will not send. So you will need to enable SMTP Authentication in wordpress and there is an extension for that.
This plugin reconfigures the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of mail() and creates an options page that allows you to specify various options.
You can set the following options:
- Specify the from name and email address for outgoing email. (Name)(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choose to send mail by SMTP or PHP's mail() function.
- Specify an SMTP host (mail.gdom.net).
- Specify an SMTP port (defaults to 587).
- Choose Use TLS encryption.
- Choose to use SMTP authentication or not. (Enable)
- Specify an SMTP username and password.
- user LFC email has username
- password for email address
Was this answer helpful?
If you start seeing a bunch of emails bouncing back to you that you did not send, your domain is...
Sending an email from a PHP script is simple, fast and easy...if it works! Part of what makes the...
When you want to stop using an email account with Microsoft Outlook, you can disable the...
Setting up Outlook 2013 When you first open Outlook, it will provide a "Welcome to Outlook...
The problem might not be in the way you configured your IMAP account on Outlook 2013, but might...