Wordpress won't send emails.
In order for your wordpress to send email, you need to enable SMTP Authentication. This means you have to pass along an LFC hosted email and password. It's your identification for access to sending email. Without STMP Auth, mail will not send. So you will need to enable SMTP Authentication in wordpress and there is an extension for that.
This plugin reconfigures the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of mail() and creates an options page that allows you to specify various options.
You can set the following options:
- Specify the from name and email address for outgoing email. (Name)(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choose to send mail by SMTP or PHP's mail() function.
- Specify an SMTP host (mail.gdom.net).
- Specify an SMTP port (defaults to 587).
- Choose Use TLS encryption.
- Choose to use SMTP authentication or not. (Enable)
- Specify an SMTP username and password.
- user LFC email has username
- password for email address
Was this answer helpful?
LFC Hosting offers a powerful webmail interface that you can use to check your mail from...
Setting up your Apple device with email is easy thanks to our iStaller. In Safari on your device,...
There is one thing to consider when setting up an email account on a device from LFC Hosting, who...
Setup Guide First, open Outlook 2010 on your computer. Our first step is to add a new email...
Sendmail is primarily a UNIX mailer daemon used to send e-mail. Many scripts call this program...